08 June 2012
The summer months will no doubt be a busy time for the West Virginia football coaching staff. Not only are they given the task on preparing for the 2012 season, the game of recruiting will also start to heat up.
During June and July, Milan Puskar Stadium will play host to elite talent from all across the country. The Mountaineer staff will conduct individual visits from recruits, but also 7-on-7 mini team camps.
During this time, we'll compile of list of visitors expected to arrive or participate. We'll focus primarily with 2013 WVU targets. Since things kickoff this weekend, let's take a look at the visitors.
- Chavas Rawlins, QB, Monessen HS (PA) - Rawlins is already a WVU commit. The duel-threat QB looks to become a bit more familiar with his future home, both at the athletic facilities and on campus.
- Justice Rawlins, LB, Monessen HS (PA) - This Rawlins is a 2014 recruit, and the brother of 2013 QB commit, Chavas. The older Rawlins is widely considered to be leaning heavily to the Mountaineers since the brothers has discussed openly about playing at the same school.
- DeAndre Lane, Ath, Catonville HS (MD) - Lane is definitely impressed with WVU. On this trip, he's hoping to get the offer he's been waiting for. The 5-foot-9, 175 pound speedster is valuable because he can play several positions.
- Trevond Reese, Ath, South Charleston HS (WV) - Reese is an in-state athlete also making the trip to Morgantown is search of an offer. The talented 2-star prospect stands 6-foot-2, and weighs 205 pounds. The early return on Reese is the Mountaineer staff is looking at him as a defensive back.
- Dustin Crouser, LB, George Washington HS (WV) - This probably isn't the GW recruit most WVU fans are wanting to visit, but that shouldn't stop them from getting excited. Scout.com rates the 6-foot-2, 225 pound Crouser as the 55th best middle linebacker in the country.
- Wendell Smallwood, RB, Elkton Christian Academy (MD) - With already one running back in the fold in the 2013 class, the WVU coaches are still searching for more. Smallwood, a 3-star recruit, has offers from several big school along the east coast. At last check, he's very high on the Mountaineers.
Next week, we'll break down any visitors on the list who had a change of plans, any additions to the list and more.
|< Prev||Next >|