27 April 2012
Senior Kevin Jones was the recipient of the teams MVP award for the 2011-12 season, handed out at the teams banquet on Thursday night.
Jones, a senior from Mount Vernon, N.Y., averaged 19.9 points and 10.9 rebounds per game. He became just the third player in Big East conference history to have led the league in both scoring and rebounding in the same season.
Here are a few of Jones' accomplishments as a Mountaineer:
- 2nd team consensus all-american for 2012 seaso
- 2nd team selection to the USBWA, NABC and Associated Press teams
- 3rd team selection to the Basketball Times and Sporting News teams.
- All-Big East 1st team 2012 season
- 5th in scoring (1,822 points) for Mountaineer career
- 4th in rebounding (1,048 rebounds) for Mountaineer career
- WVU's all-time leader in offensive rebounds (450 rebounds)
The Mountaineers finished the season with a record of 19-14, and lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament
|< Prev||Next >|